Pages

Friday, July 14, 2006

July 15, 1944 - A Young Voice Never to be Silenced

It's really a wonder that I havent dropped all my ideals - - - Yet, I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart - - I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think it will come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again. In the meantime, I must uphold my ideals, for perhaps the time will come when I shall be able to carry them out.
- - excerpt from Anne Frank's diary,
on this date in 1944


On August 4, 1944, the Gestapo found the hiding place of the Frank family. Seven months later, Anne Frank died in Belsen concentration camp in Germany. She was not yet fifteen years old.

No comments: